Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A little of this and a little of that

This weekend I kept thinking about what I would write down in my blog. Many thoughts emerged but just as many were gone by the next day. I watched Terry on tv this weekend and so many memories and thoughts came to mind. Terry Fox was a great Canadian and a great human being, I can't say enough about this man. He is still missed even 24 years after his death. We don't have enough people in the world who care as much as he did. If you know nothing about Terry, please search out information on him as it will certainly bring much to your life. School started again and my daughter was looking forward to it. I don't think there are many 15 year old's who look forward to school, but Sam was so bored near the end of Summer holiday's that she was happy to return to the routine.
On a personal note, I don't know if anybody knows about an illness that I have been suffering with since 2001. I have Acute Anxiety disorder and some days I am totally paralysed with the affliction. Please don't ever get Hypnotherapy done by someone who hasn't done it for long. I was a thriving, outgoing individual before deciding in early 2001 to allow my personal trainer to hypnotize me. She thought it would help with those extra 20 pounds I wanted to get rid of. I had been working out hard for a couple months and was just gaining weight....duh muscle weighs more than fat....anyway, I let her do the procedure because she had said it worked for her.
Things didn't seem right but I thought it was just me that was doing something wrong. About 2 months after I started having major anxiety attacks at work and had to go off on disability.
I will talk more about this at a later time....too much spent on this and a little of that posting

I have also been glued to the terrible situation in the Gulf coast. Things seem to be getting a little better down there, but that isn't saying much when thousands and thousands of people have lost everything and will continue to live in shelters for months and months. I have given to Red Cross and the Salvation Army to help with the feeding and sheltering of these displaced people. I hope they are able to still have hope that their lives will return to normalcy one day. We have to remember about the longer term situations of the people of the Gulf Coast. Six months down the road the rebuilding will have to start, and that will also need much help. Please remember to give then too, Habitat for Humanity will be there to help. The animals also need help.

I had way more ideas in my head but at this time I can't remember a single one.....figures

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home