Friday, January 13, 2006

New Year's resolutions

How many people make a resolution only to have it collapse before the first couple days are over in January? I generally won't make resolutions because I know I won't follow through. This year was different because at the stroke of midnight I was sleeping (not from too much alcohol or too much partying), I was sleeping because I had been suffering from the flu for 2 days. During those long 60 hours I thought of many things and how crappy I really felt. Then the heavens opened up when I finally had an epiphany (damn I hope that is the right word)......it is time I started living my life for me and nobody else. Pretty sad when a 40 yr old woman has to realize that she has lived her life for everyone but herself. But I did and I do. It's now almost the middle of January and I am settling into the living my life for me and no body else. I guess it will really mean something if next month at this time I can say the same thing.......wait and see

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home