Friday, July 01, 2005

24 hours and counting

In less than 24 hours my thirties will be gone forever..........
Now I am still working on the not being depressed thing, but I have my weak moments where I want to go hide under my blankets for a couple months. But the first thing I think of is "damn that lawn outside won't co-operate, it will be 10 feet long and what a bitch to cut"
Not much else comes to mind right now, I am sure the teenager in the house won't notice for a couple days and hopefully she will feed the dog and put her outside. If this was mid winter in the rain I would certainly do that, but being summer time and my love for light I can't stay in the dark for long. It has always sucked being a July 2nd baby because everyone is doing something for Canada day on July 1st and the day after is usually a gone camping, hangover living, or just forgetting my birthday. I am not complaining because I really am not the big party type of person anymore. On my 23rd birthday I went with friends to a bar to listen to the band I was promoting at the time and drank 23 shooters, ended up under the table listening to the music...those milk based shooters don't sit well, enough said.
On my 25th birthday I was getting ready to give birth to my daughter, I could only lay in the lounge at my parents pool, couldn't get up or roll over, just lay. This year it seems everyone is busy with camping or baby's first birthday's. On the west coast during the summer months it's almost a must that you pack everything up and camp every long weekend. It will be interesting to see who remembers this year, I have remembered everyone's birthday's so far this year, luckily for me it doesn't make me bitter just bitchy.......damn I want to do a *o* right now but am still refraining from the "word"
ONce my daughter rolls out of bed we will go down to the waterfront and enjoy some July 1st Canada Day activities and then head up to Parksville for the fireworks tonight. Tomorrow we will see what happens as I am sure you will all hear about my day, regardless if you want to or not. Happy Canada Day and Happy Independence Day to my American friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger eddie said...

Happy birthday, Michelle!

Life in your 40's ain't so bad. Take it from someone who's on the back side of that deal. As you said in a previous post, you've explored and learned; now it's time to put it all together and enjoy life.

11:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home